Practicing Compassion thru Communication
Prepared by Annie Bumgarner, LUT, CTRS, PCT
January 14, 21, February 4, 11, 18, March 4, 11, 18, 2019
This class will explore our consciousness and how to practice compassion to ourselves and others. This process takes a look at what’s alive in us and how we can express more of it. Can we transform our language by becoming more aware of our thoughts, habits and consciousness? “The brain is like a muscle when it is in use we feel; very good. Understanding is JOYOUS.” Carl Sagan
Annie Bumgarner is a Licensed Unity Teacher. She currently works with Elders as a Certified Therapeutic Recreation Consultant, at Cedar Creek ALF. She continues to take classes to continue on her own life long spiritual journey. She has a passion to begin training in NVC certification.
- Is this class for you?
- Do you find yourself reacting to yourself and others?
- Are your words connecting you or disconnecting you?
- Are you practicing empathy on yourself and others?
- Do you have any habits that leave you with self-blame?
- Do you have any conflicts that are long standing?
- Are you making requests or demands?
- Are you truly listening to what is alive in you?
- Are you trying to change others?
- Are you aware that inner peace resides within?
- Do you have any challenges applying your spiritual principles in everyday life?
“Teach this triple truth to all; A generous heart, kind speech, and a life of service and compassion are the things which renew humanity.” The Buddha
- Course Materials
Marshall Rosenberg, Nonviolent Communication: A Language of Life, Optional texts: Ellen Debenport, The Five Unity Principles, Gary Simmons, I of the Storm, suggest journaling
- Instructor’s Commitment
I will create a safe space. I intend to provide a variety of resources to ignite the passion of learning in each individual. I encourage discussion, questions and plenty of curiosity and wonder. I will initiate an email list to meet our needs of support and connection with our learning.
A love offering of $10.00 a class is appreciated. Any amount will be graciously accepted, this supports our Unity Community and the teacher’s engagement. May everyone experience spiritual feeding and substance as we have this opportunity to become curious about ourselves.
“Understanding human needs is half the job of meeting them.” Adlai Stevenson
“NVC requires us to be continually conscious of the beauty within ourselves and other people.”
A Marshall Rosenberg quote